Hawaii Pre-Travel Steps with a Vaccine
These are the steps for preparing for travel to Hawaii if you are Vaccinated and will be using your CDC vaccine card or a Digital Health Pass (Clear, CommonPass, etc) to enter the state from the mainland. If you are un-vaccinated you can still enter Hawaii with a negative pre-travel test result by follow these steps for un-vaccinated travel.
- As early as possible create a login and profile for each traveler on Hawaii Safe Travels Site https://travel.hawaii.gov
- Add your upcoming trip on your Hawaii Safe Travels Site “Trips” page, and then
- Select “Apply for a Quarantine Exemption” from the home screen. Then choose:
Covid Vaccine Exception: to upload a scan or photo of your CDC Vaccination Card
or Clear Exception: to use the Clear app, if you have a pre-verified Vaccination status with Clear
or CommonPass Exception: to use the CommonPass app, if you have a pre-verified Vaccination status with CommonPass
or AZOVA Exception: to use an AZOVA account if you have a pre-verified Vaccination status with AZOVA
- After uploading your CDC Vaccination card photo, (or verifying your vaccination status via one of the supported 3rd party verification systems: Clear, CommonPass, AZOVA) – your quarantine exemption status on your trip info page should now read Exempt Yes and exemption will be “COVID-19 Vaccination”
- At least 24hrs prior to your flight, fill out the Health Questionnaire on your Hawaii Safe Travels site. This will create your bar code on your Trips page for the screeners at the airport.
- Travel to Hawaii – Bring your CDC Vaccination card in case the screeners ask to see it, and as a backup in case there are any issues with your safe travels profile.
- After you arrive in Hawaii, show the screener your Bar Code from your Trips page in Hawaii Safe Travels site. After the screener checks and validates your information, your Trip page’s “Screened” and “Exempt” statuses will both change to “YES” and Exemption will read “Vaccination” or similar. It will look similar to this
- You’re almost done, you may be then be directed to the rapid test area to get your temperature taken, and they will administer a quick nasal swab test (not the original deep swab). And you will be free to go. You do not have to wait for the results. They will contact you if there is anything other than a negative result.
- At this point save a screenshot of your Trips page that shows your Bar code, Screened Status = Yes and Exempt = Yes – so that it is handy for getting your Car Rental and your checking in to your accommodations. While waiting for baggage or on your way to the car rental is also a great time to text all your Trip pages to us at Pali Hale at 831-251-1364 (or email to [email protected] or use the VRBO or AirBnB messengers) so that we have that out of the way can enable your self check-in/door codes.
We are required by Hawaii State & County, but also for everyone’s peace of mind, to verify each guest’s “In Quarantine = no” status upon or prior to check-in and to be able to show the state and county that we verified your status. If after arrival, for any reason you are unable to receive an “In Quarantine = no” status for any persons in your group please call us immediately prior to departing the airport 831-251-1364.